Sunday, October 25, 2009

Some people think we're Mad!

I was lucky enough to be invited to join a friend (Paula) for a day of sewing yesterday, so we set to work at 9am...... and only stopped for Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner and Dessert...... Hmmm, maybe this is why it took so long to complete our project. Paula certainly looked after me!

The plan was to Complete "Faerie Noelle", a gorgeous doll by Annie Smith of Country Keepsakes. Paula and I found the pattern back in August at our favourtie patchwork shop, The Home Patch on our way back from Sydney but hadn't been able to get together to make her until now.
After a mere 12 and a half hours sewing, this is what we had achieved:
As you can see, Paula's is almost finished but mine still had a long way to go!
Finally!
After a few more hours sewing today my Faerie is complete and i think you'll agree she was worth the effort.............Think i'll name her Ruby!

Until next time
Happy Stitching

3 comments:

  1. Ruby is a lovely doll!!!! her fairie friend is cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faerie is gorgeous, the attention to detail is magnificent.
    Blessings
    Janelle
    PS I will find out the McCalls pattern number for the bag (on our blog) tomorrow at work - I can't remember it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!