Monday, August 10, 2015

Cooking Competition and My New Baby




 



I made this delicious Melt & Mix Triple Choc Layer Cake for this months Taste Magazines ‘Cook the Cover’ competition – it was fun to make and a beautiful cake (to eat) but unfortunately wasn’t good enough to win me the coveted Kitchen Aid mixer that I’ve been drooling over for some time.

What I didn’t know at time, was that my thoughtful husband had been secretly paying off a kitchen aid which he brought home shortly after I entered the competition as a ‘just because’ present…. Needless to say, I was a bit gob-smacked!

Isn’t she pretty???

She doesn't match a thing in my kitchen but she'll look just lovely when we finally get around to building our new house and my dream kitchen!!


Cheers
Thimbelina

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!