Saturday, March 9, 2013

Birthdays

Last Saturday night we Surprised my Dad with a small dinner at our favourite restaurant to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his 40th birthday....ahem

He's not really one for being celebrated but he had a great night.... I can't believe he's 60.... I used to think that was really old once but Dad certainly doesn't seem it.

Yummy carrot cake with cream cheese frosting... made by me!


Only the week beforehand, we celebrated with Mum for her birthday.... just us this time but an excuse to make another cake. I've been wanting to try making an ombre cake for a while now... they look so good!


Until next time
Thimbelina

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.... you make fantastic cakes... and happy birthday to both your parents....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Young 60th to your Dad, he doesn't look his age :)
    Love the cakes too :) Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!