Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hippy pants

Miss almost 13 has a school social coming up next week with a 70's theme.... she has the coloured glasses and peace necklace and earring's sorted so all she needed were some groovy pants to wear.  I think these should do the trick (although I probably should have flared the bottoms of the legs a bit more) and when the social is over she can use them as pyjama pants!

Miss 12 decorated an old pair of thongs (flip-flops) with some flower trim to match.

I used the Lounge pants pattern from this book, which was recommended by
 Lisa of A Spoonful of Sugar. They were really quick and easy to whip up and fit Miss 12 beautifully.
I can see myself making more of these soon!


4 comments:

  1. Oh more Lounge pants or retro hippy ones! Think you need a kaftan to go with them for the full effect!

    Takes me back a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hippy pants are fab!! They will start a trend, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great... I'd definitely LOUNGE around in pants like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I just love those pants... love the fabric... I am a Peter Alexander PJ pants girl and they are just wonderful he would be so proud to have them in his collection xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!