Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Holiday mode

Unfortunately you probably wont be seeing any sewing posts from me this week as i'm enjoying the week relaxing on the coast with my family and my dear friend Cath and her family. With seven children between us, you would wonder how on earth it could be relaxing..... but surprising it really is. The kids are having such a ball doing all the activities in the park and spending so much time in the pool that here we are day three and there hasn't even been a blew!

On the way to our holiday destination, we managed to swing by the Craft Expo at Homebush in Sydney, where Miss 10 and I spent the whole day browsing spending while hubby and Master 7 went off and did other things. Here's a pic of my little pile of purchases:
You would think that with the amount of money I spent, that my pile would be a little bigger???

Here's a closer pic of the lovely fabrics I found...... some lovely Sandi Henderson Fat Quarters, A Verna Honey bun and a couple of cute Timeless Treasures prints:
I already have a project in mind for the honey bun..... you can check it out here.

Until Next Time

4 comments:

  1. You don't get much for your dollar these days, but lovely purchases. Have a great time at the coast and I hope the weather is favourable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy people who say that making a bag is easy, as I love bags and have so many patterns to make some, but get cold feet and never end up making them...even have bought some handles too!..one day I will bite the bullet and make a bag...just love what you have done... Jewells

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely shopping.......have a great time away.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great stop over! Hope you have a lovely time away...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!